The seventh PAN-CRC Troop meeting was last night at Lafene! It was another great meeting, and we all had a lot of fun! We decided to have a very active meeting last night to get the girls up and moving - as well as get them excited about outdoor adventures! Here is the schedule of what we did in our meeting...
- Pre-Meeting Activity (~5 minutes): We met the girls outside the lab again this week. To pass time waiting for others to arrive, the girls mostly played and talked about various topics. Everyone was right on time, so we were able to start our meeting promptly at 7:00.
- Opening (~5 minutes): Together we recited the Girl Scout Promise to open our meeting. Next, we discussed all the activities we would be doing together that evening.
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt (~25-30 minutes): Next, we began our main activity of the night - a scavenger hunt! First, we had the girls get into pairs. Then, each of the adults joined a group. The girls were given the rules of the scavenger hunt, along with this guide of items to look for on the hunt:
Each pair set out to find the items and for every item they found from the list - Emily, Brooke, Colby, or I took a picture for reference. Whichever team found the most items at the end of the time limit, won! The winners would then get to pick our snacks for the next meeting.
I must say, some groups were very creative in their finds. Here's an awesome picture of 'a really big leaf' from one of the groups:
After we finished the scavenger hunt outside, we all walked upstairs to the lab to share our photos and decide on a winning group. Actually, two groups found all the items. Thus, we had a tie! So, we had each group find their favorite and most creative photo of the night to be the tie-breaker. The picture above won!
- Physical Activity (~10 minutes): Last week the girls decided on doing weightlifting for their activity. So, we got in a large circle and taught the girls some basic weightlifting moves. I think they were surprised how much weight they could handle for some exercises (i.e. bicep curls and squats), and how much they could not handle for others (i.e. front and lateral raises). It was a lot of fun though! It's very neat to see them all have the opportunity to learn and enjoy so many new exercises and physical activities.
- Healthy Snack Preparation & Eating (~15 minutes): To close out our meeting this week, we prepared and enjoyed our healthy snack! After all the activity, the girls (and leaders too) were quite hungry! For our snack this week, we had a fruit dip paired with both apples and bananas. Here's how you can make the dip for your troop... Mix to combine 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter, approximately 3/4 cup of vanilla yogurt, and a few teaspoons of cinnamon. Serve with fruit! It is that easy! Here are some pictures of our snack:
After cleaning up, we had the winning group from the scavenger hunt select our next snack. With a little input from Brooke, they chose to incorporate pineapple for our snack. The second place team got to select the activity, and they chose Zumba. Then, we sent the girls home and told them all to have a good rest of the week.
It was another fun-filled meeting last night - as you can see! We thoroughly enjoy having the girls for the hour that we do every two weeks. Just think of how many new healthy snacks and fun physical activities they have already experienced in just seven meetings!
Also, a special thanks to Emily, Colby, and even Zaw - who joined in on the fun last night.
Thanks for reading, check back again soon!